A twist on tacos
Reinvent your taco night with this easy-to-follow recipe.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 diced Jalapeño peppers
- 1 can of green chilies
- 3 Diced tomatoes
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 box of Spanish rice
- 1 large can of enchilada sauce
- 1 package of Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 box of cornbread mix (Jiffy cornbread)
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook Spanish rice according to package directions & set aside.
- Mix cornbread according to package directions & set aside.
- Spray a deep dish pan with cooking spray & coat the bottom with about a 1/4 of the can of enchilada sauce.
- Heat up the olive oil and add the diced onions, green & red bell peppers, jalapeños and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef & cook until brown. Drain in a strainer then return to the frying pan.
- Add green chilies, diced tomatoes & 3/4 of the can of enchilada sauce mix well & cook for 5 mins.
- Place beef mixture on the bottom of the deep dish pan and top with the shredded Mexican cheese and then the Spanish rice
- Spread the cornbread mix on top.
- Bake for 20-30 mins (until cornbread is golden brown)
- Let cool 5 mins then serve with sour cream
Recipe submitted by Denise Greenewald